The chainsaw for a palm tree is necessary for its felling, pruning, and bucking etc. It is a tool with great power and efficient functioning. This portable power tool is specially designed to cut the excessive parts of palm trees with sharp blades. The blades are incredibly quick and will cut out anything that comes into their contacts.
The other tool for this is the pole saw. Pole saw used for longer works or areas that are not easy to reach. On the other hand, the chainsaw has less length and used for closer work. Both tools can use for the same purpose. The palm trees are softwood, which is easy to cut. If you want to hire a contractor, but they cost very high, we will suggest buying your own best pole saw for palm trees, which is very easy to cut.
Now, if you have decided to pick the best chainsaw for your palm trees, then you are at the right place. Here we will introduce you to some most efficient best chainsaws for trees. After going through detailed experimentation, we pick the 5 best chainsaws for you. However, here we want to tell you, your safety is our priority. So always follow the complete guidelines with the user manual to avoid any injury during your work.
Our Top 5 Picks of Best Chainsaw for Palm Tree
Here is a quick view of our best 5 picks:
- Best Overall- Oregon CS1500 Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Best Low-Fuel Efficient- Husqvarna 20 inch 450 Rancher Gas chainsaw
- Best Heavy-Duty- Remington RM4618 Outlaw 46cc 2-Cycle 18-inches Gas Chainsaw
- Best Lightweight- WORX WG323 20V Power cordless
- Best for Pruning- Black and Decker 20V Max pole Saw
Oregon CS1500 Corded Electric Chainsaw
The Oregon CS1500 is able to cut softwood without any problem. The machine design is easy to use and simple that everyone will know their use. It comes with a powerful corded engine. Once you plug it, they will never run out. The Oregon CS1500 chainsaw is 18 inches long, best for cutting thick wood of palm trees.
When you start cutting palm trees, it will begin too quickly dulling due to water and sand, which you will find in palm trees. There is no issue to be aware of. The Oregon CS1500 comes in at a low price with the best quality and best Corded Electric Chainsaw
of the Oregon brand.
- Design for homeowners that have quite simple and easy use.
- Easy to start; press a button.
- Their handles have additional comfort, lighter than gas-powered saws.
- If the machine is dull, you can re-sharp it in just 5 seconds without removing or replacing the chain.
- Do excellent performance with an 18 inches blade, from which it can make hardwood.
- The only chainsaw in the market which re-sharpen itself.
- Quiet Quieter than a gas chainsaw.
- Affordable price
- Powerful corded engine
- For a vast palm tree, it is also easy to cut.
- Its chain tends to fall off.
Husqvarna 20 inch 450 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
This chainsaw is one of the best saw to cut down palm trees. The brand of Husqvarna is designed for low emission and fuel efficiency. The Husqvarna 450 chainsaw has an X-TORQ engine with 3.2 horsepower. They have low vibration, which makes it easy and gives comfort while cutting. The Husqvarna models all have easy-start features and some auto features, making it easier than other chainsaws. The 450 chainsaws of the Husqvarna series have the same size as the engine, while if you need or want a chainsaw in a bigger engine, then go for Rancher 460 or Rancher 465.
Their advanced feature is when you turn it off; then the chainsaw will come to its default position that is best for starting. The Husqvarna 450 chainsaw can cut many trees at a time; you can stop it from causing issues or from heating up by their automatic chain oiler bar. In this chainsaw, everything is there where you expect it to be. The commercial warranty is 90 days; the homeowner’s warranty is two years for the chainsaw.
- The X-TARQ engine consumes low fuel and also reduces its emission.
- Remove larger dust before reaching the air filter due to the Centrifugal air cleaning system.
- Also, have the facilities of replacement and cleaning air filters.
- In refueling the flip-up tank, the cap is easy to open and close.
- Auto return stopwatch.
- Smart start designed the machine engine to start quickly with minimum effort.
- Take less time in changing spark plugs.
- Very low vibration
- For this class, tremendous power.
- Low fuel-efficient.
- It didn’t come with a rigid farm bar.
Remington RM4618 Outlaw 46cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Remington RM4618 designed for cutting, pruning, and bucking quickly. It has an advanced power 46cc engine and premium 18 with all-around superior performance. The high output engine is a professional-grade chrome bore cylinder that extends the engine life. They have the power to cut large trees and manage storm damage. While performing your work, chain break is inertia activated for safety. This is the best pruning saw for palm trees
The Remington RM4618 outlaw gas power is designed for a smooth, quick, and easy pull start, which allows you to work on the yard, lawn, or other projects. Also, having a comfortable 5 point anti-vibration system with lightweight and heavy-duty. The handle of the chainsaw makes it more balanced. Cleaning and replacement of air filter and spark plug provide easy and quick access. The manufacturer warranty can be requested from customer service. This chainsaw is perfect for extended jobs like storm clean up.
- The chain assists with big jobs and with an 18 inches premium bar.
- 5 point anti-vibration system.
- For easy maintenance, spark plug and filter access free tool.
- Adjustable oiler quality condition automatically.
- Come with a handy bar, heavy-duty carrying, and chain oil.
- Powered by a 46cc high engine with a quick start technology.
- Limited warranty of two years.
- Easy to start.
- Affordable price.
- Two years of warranty.
- The chain needs frequent sharpening, would not cut straight.
WORX WG323 20V Power cordless
The WORX 20V Power Cordless has an excellent fit and finish. Their surfaces are smoother when touched than other chainsaws. Their handles are functional and comfortable in holding. The battery doesn’t hang up while cutting the woods. In WORX, the oil fill cap is on the top, making it easy to fill, while on other chainsaw oil fill caps, it is on the saw side, which creates difficulty in filling.
Their products come with 20-volt Lithium-ion batteries, which make them interchangeable. You can share their power source. If you buy a new saw of this brand, then the battery will work on the previous chainsaw, or you can buy it without a battery in which you can use the previous saw battery. Before starting this, charge their battery fully, which will take 4 or 5 hours, doing an excellent job.
This saw has a powerful battery that can cut branches up to 6 inches, also best for palm trees because palm trees have softwood. In this 10 inch saw, we will not recommend cutting anything larger. There is a handguard that will protect the operator from damage when the chain is broken for chain break. They also have a lock button that you have to press before engaging the ON/OFF lever.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Cordless of 20V power share battery chain, which is best for fast cutting.
- The battery is so much easier than gas or oil.
- Charging time is reasonable.
- It cuts woods very smoothly and efficiently.
- 3 (Three) years of limited warranty.
- The cost was low compared to other alternative cordless, battery power chainsaws.
- The cordless chainsaw is more powerful and faster.
- Lightweight with smooth cutting.
- For cutting of lumberjack volume not compatible.
Black and Decker 20V Max pole Saw.
It’s also an excellent tool for cutting wood. A pole attaches to its end to reach higher branches of the tree, which makes this more unique than other best pole saw for palm trees. The bar is about 10 feet long when connected to the saw then goes up to 14 feet. The black and decker also don’t need any gas or oil; it works on a battery. In this saw, you can cut the average branches of the tree up to 6 inches. It is not made to cut larger trees.
This is the most acceptable tool for outdoors, which comes with a warranty of two years.
When we talk about its weight, it will be a little difficult, it is significantly lighter than other chainsaws, but it becomes heavy when holding it from the pole end. There is also a fantastic feature that you can adjust the pole’s length, which is comfortable for you. The Black and Decker is also a good budget option; it is less expensive than other saws.
- Easy to use; anyone can work on it.
- Easy to cut the far branches in the tree.
- One hundred cuts provide 2.5 inches of palm branches per charge.
- Their bar Provides a maximum cutting off 6 inches of diameter.
- There is no need for gas and oil for this chainsaw.
- Take 3 or 4 hours when the battery is fully charged.
- Re-changeable batteries.
- Having a storage bag.
- With a 20V battery, they have excellent cutting power.
- Very light weighted.
- The battery takes several hours to charge.
What is the best way to prune palm trees?
For keeping your palm trees healthy, there is a need for proper care, trimming, and cutting. Here we will give you some tips about how you can prune palm trees.
You can also use any pruning tool and can also take the help of any professional. However, if you decide to do it by yourself, then prune the palm tree while leaving 2 inches of greenery on the trunk starting with the pruning of fronds. Fronds are the old and dead leaves, usually in yellow or brown color.
Secondly, check the stems of the flowers. You will often see your palm tree has a slow growth as the branch provides shelter and food to pets.
Now prune all the hazardous limbs, old fruits, flowers, and older fronds. Make sure you are doing the pruning in a balanced way. Excess pruning can lead to hurricane cuts that are not good for the health of your tree.
How to Choose The Best Chainsaw for Palm Trees
A chainsaw is a tool that is a great labor saver and a beneficial tool in big yards. You can use a chainsaw for cutting and trimming your palm trees. Moreover, you can do proper maintenance of your palm trees with the best chainsaw.
However, in a lot of choices, you can get confused about which to buy and not. But if you will consider some important points before the purchase, you will make a happy purchase. Here in our buying guide, we will help you choose the best that suits your personal needs and preferences. Let’s get into our quick buying guide of the best chainsaw for palm trees.
Type of chainsaw:
There are different types of chainsaws in the market. For instance, there are gas-powered models; there are electric loopers. Furthermore, there are different sizes for the chainsaws. There are some small electric models with Cordes, and some are cordless. On the other hand, there are different sizes for the gas-powered models.
For light works, you can choose electric models. For heavier works, you can consider a gas-powered model. For heavier jobs, a gas model will work maximum with its power. If we go into more details, we will recommend a yard with a normal range of trees needing a lighter duty gas-powered model.
On the other hand, if you have palm trees close to the house or a small yard, then a corded electric model will work best. These models cant go further. However, they can do a perfect job in the 100 meters of the house.
Now, consider the type of maintenance you want in your yard. Moreover, if you are a person who wants proper care of trees like trimming, cutting, and pruning, then you should choose a battery-powered electric model. A battery-powered electric model can quickly run for 30-40 minutes, and you can handle all your essential tasks at this time.
However, if you are a person who leaves all the work of yard maintenance for season end or wants to do it at weekends, then you need to pick a gas-powered model. The gas-powered model will help you to complete all your tasks at once. You don’t need to wait for the charging of the mobile. You will refuel the chainsaw and can continue your work. This is so far the best choice for heavy-duty tasks.
Another thing to look for is the maintenance process of the chainsaw. If you are so conscious about the chainsaw’s maintenance, we want to guide you about the maintenance process of the gas chainsaw and electric chainsaws. Electric chainsaws are super easy to maintain in comparison to gas chainsaws.
Furthermore, electric chainsaws are also easier to start than gas models. You will plug in the switch, and you will start your work in just no time. The only concerning thing about electric models is the replacement of the battery. Sometimes the cost of the battery is more than $100 for electric chainsaws.
Now, if we talk about the gas-powered chainsaws, then they are not easy to maintain. It would be best if you had a proper mixture of oil and gasoline. You can also buy premixed petrol. However, the cost will increase. On the other hand, there is the replacement of spark plugs and fuel filters periodically. Moreover, for extended storage, you need to drain the gasoline from the tank.
So if you want an easy to maintain palm tree chainsaw, an electric model should be your priority.
Q. Can you use a chainsaw on a palm tree?
- Yes, you can. Some unique models are the best chainsaw for palm tree. For the use of a chainsaw on a palm tree, there is no need for any skill. With some safety precautions, you can do this job by yourself. Before using a chainsaw for a palm tree, you need proper planning and protection.
If the palm tree has large branches, make sure you have a clear area for falling branches. Furthermore, also ensure there will be no damage to anything around the palm tree. Overall, you can say, while considering some essential safety measures, you can use a chainsaw on a palm tree.
Q. How do I stop my palm tree from growing taller?
- By pruning the roots, you can stunt the palm tree growth. The seeds need to be appropriately pruning to stop the growth of a palm tree.
Q. How do I make my palm tree trunk smooth?
- To remove the leaves from the trunk, you can use a looping shear. Moreover, for smoothness of the trunk, it is ideal to leave the palm frond base with the tree. Furthermore, cut all the boots down to equal level with the help of a linoleum knife. However, if you live in a dry place, the boots will come off automatically.
Q. Do palm trees attract rats?
- Yes, that’s true. Palm trees attract rats, and the rats make their homes under the roots of the palm trees. The palm trees shed off the ill-fitted vent and give easier access to rats to crawl spaces. These rats will creep into the palm tree roots and can also get access to your house.
Q. How do you secure a ladder to a palm tree?
- A ladder can help you cut, trim the branches of the palm that are out of reach easily. However, for safety purposes, it is crucial to secure a ladder with the palm tree firmly. First of all, you need to ensure the top of the ladder with the palm tree.
Moreover, it is also advised not to stand on the first three rungs of a straight ladder. Furthermore, always hold the rails of the ladders firmly while going up and down.
Q. are pole saws safer than chainsaws?
- Pole saws are longer than chainsaws, and they use for cutting longer branches. However, it will take a bit of time and more effort than chainsaws. However, both are dangerous tools and need proper guidance for use.
The chainsaw is a potent tool to cut out, trim, and pruning excess parts of your trees. However, as we mentioned, it is powerful, so try to pick the right one for you that is easy to use and maximum function. According to an estimation, it is a most dangerous power tool. So it is always recommended to use it with great caution. Moreover, it is also necessary to pick the best chainsaw for a palm tree with the right power and functions.
Once you purchase your favorite one, please read the user manual throughout and use it with great care. If you use it with care, you will see more charm and elegant looks in your palm trees. It will help you to make your yards more beautiful. So now it’s your choice to pick the one with your requirements and enjoy a great power tool with its maximum functions.