Stardew Valley is the most relaxing game allowing players to farm at their own pace. Watering cans are used in Stardew Valley to water plants and farms. It’s one of the essential tools for early farming. It helps to keep your plants healthy, fresh, and improve growth. You can fill it with any water source, including fish ponds and the ocean.
You can also use sprinklers to water your plants or vegetables. But sprinklers are expensive. So, a watering can is a budget-friendly option to water your plants. These watering cans hold only 40 uses of water. What if you have more plants and need more water? In such a situation, you can upgrade your water can.
But you must know how to upgrade a watering can? Don’t worry; in this article, we’ll let you know how to and when to upgrade the watering can in Stardew valley?
How to upgrade the watering can?
A blacksmith can upgrade your watering cans. So, you have to send your watering cans to the blacksmith to get upgraded. The resources and cost for different types of upgrading are mentioned below. You can select any one of these as per your requirements.
1- Copper watering can
- Can water three front tiles
- Can hold water for 55 uses
- 5 copper bars
2- Steel Watering Can
- Can water 5 tiles in arrow after charging
- Can hold water for 120 uses
- 5 iron bars
3- Gold Watering Can
- Can water an area if 3 x3 in front of you
- Can hold water up to 200 units
- 5gold bars
- 10000 G
4- Iridium Watering Can
- Best to water an area of 6×3
- Can hold up to 300 units of water
- 5 iridium bars
When to upgrade the watering can Stardew valley?
Upgrading the watering can help increase its holding capacity. In turn, the effectiveness of the watering can increase. So, when to upgrade the watering can Stardew valley? You can upgrade your watering can in two seasons:
In the Rainy season check the weather forecast. If it’s going to rain the next day, you can send your watering can for upgrading. It’s the time when your crop doesn’t need water.
- In winter
Moreover, plants don’t need water regularly in the winter season. So, you can send your watering can get upgraded in winters.
Do you need to water every day Stardew Valley?
In Stardew Valley, the frequency of water plants depends on the type of crop and weather conditions.
- Water the plants daily until fully grown. If you’re unable to do so, plants will not grow further.
- Water the mature crops producing many harvests need to be harvest daily
- Don’t water the plants on rainy days
- In winters, don’t water the plants daily
How do you water a Stardew Valley?
You can start watering your plants by filling the watering can. Follow these steps to fill the watering can.
- Go to a pond or ocean or any other water resource
- Press the start action or use the tool button
- Fill the can until full
- Continue watering your crops
How long does it take to upgrade your watering can?
It takes about 2- days to upgrade the watering can Stardew valley.
- One day to take the watering can to the blacksmith
- One day to take the watering can from the blacksmith
In short, your plants have to survive for one day without water.
How long your plants can survive without water?
You should water your plants every day. But, what if you forgot to water your plant? Will they die? No, it’s not so.
- If you don’t water your plant for one day, they will not die. However, they would not grow.
- If you don’t water your plants for two days, it’ll cause plant death.
Why are your crops dying in Stardew Valley?
Plants would die if
- Light is hitting them
- You’ve not watered it for consecutive two or more days
I hope this article has helped you to know when to upgrade the watering can in Stardew valley? Watering your plants regularly is essential. So, the best time to upgrade the watering can is when your plants don’t need water. After deciding the time to upgrade your watering time, send it to Blacksmith for upgrading. Most probably you will get it in 2 days.