Are you tired of trying multiple tricks to trap gophers? But all in vain. Because gophers are also getting smarter day by day like us. However, these tiny creatures always end up finding an escape.
Did you know? Gophers dig up burrows and enjoy their living underground by making a network of tunnels. If you’re noticing gophers within your backyard, garden, field, or any agricultural land. Then, do not wait for the growth of the whole progeny. Because gophers have the potential to destroy your valuable plants within no time.
Consequently, your favorite plants would serve as a food source to gophers that will lead you to a frustrating situation. Moreover, gophers do not only target plant roots and tubers but also eat all aerial parts of plants. Gophers also affect irrigation systems due to the presence of incisors. In that case, you will end up with no clue.
Most importantly, immediate action could save you from devastating conditions. Because gophers grow and mature rapidly. Mostly entomologists believe that besides other pests gophers also a considerable cause of narrowing down crop yield. However, every problem follows a valid solution too. Just seek out.
Now stop worrying! Because here’s a piece of good news that belongs to you. In this review, we are going to provide a list of the best gopher traps to get you out of trouble. Now, you can secure your property from gophers by using a gopher trap.
Here’s a list of our trusted gopher traps that are sterling in quality:
- Kensizer Small Animal Humane Live Cage Gopher Trap
- Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Eliminator Trap
- Cinch Traps-Medium Gopher Trap Kit
- Trap Top Live Animal Trap for Gopher
- Victor The Black Box Gopher Trap 0625
- Victor M260 Multi-Kill Electronic Trap
- Gonzo 100518702 Dead End Packaged Gopher Trap
1. Kensizer Small Animal Humane Live Cage Gopher Trap
This gopher trap is our top pick because it delivers efficient results. Its patented design with an effective trigger system works effectively. If you’re not interested in killing gophers because you’re an animal lover.
But your only desire is to get rid of gophers. Then, get this gopher trap. Moreover, you can also use this trap to target chipmunks, rats, mice, mole and obviously gophers.
Here are some exceptional features of Kensizer small animal humane live cage:
- Patented design with strong wire mesh to arrest gophers within the cage.
- It is made of aluminum.
- The highly sensitive trigger system is just one click away from gophers. After one touch, its auto-locked door immediately shut down.
- This innovative design will capture the gopher humanely so you could release them to other places.
- The weight of the item is 0.5 pounds (8 ounces).
- Its material is aluminum
- Item dimensions are 10.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 inches
- Target species of trap include chipmunk, mouse, rat, vole, opossum, hamsters.
- Replaceable within half a year in case of any damage
- Perfect size to trap mice, rats, and gophers
- The trigger is highly sensitive and continues tripping even in absence of prey
2. Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap
Another best gopher trap on our list is Wire Tek 1001. If you’re a passionate gardener and spend your valuable time growing plants. Then, your primary goal will be the protection of plants. But, what will be your reaction if moles invade your adorable plants.
Of course, you have to deal with moles to end their game. In order to kill moles, Wire Tek is one of the best pocket gopher traps that you can set easily with foot stepping motion.
Here are all the distinguishing features of mole eliminator trap:
- Highly effective to control moles in your territory
- Easy to set with foot stepping motion to trap moles in their tunnels
- Wire Tek trap will successfully eliminate moles from your yard or garden
- This unique trap could easily capture moles within their tunnels
- Works perfectly without bait and poison to capture prey
- It is made of pure metal.
- The weight is 1 pound with item model number 1001.
- Product dimensions are 4 x 5 x 6 inches
- The target species is the mole.
- Productive results within less time period
- Extremely easy to set up and remove
- Reusable again and again
- Does not work in sandy soil
3. Cinch Traps-Medium Gopher Trap Kit
Do you want to clear out all tiny creatures from your territory that are affecting everything just as they have a share too? Cinch traps are helping out everyone who wants to trap gophers.
This flawless device uses cinch capture to trap gophers from necks. Most importantly, this best mole & gopher trap ensures the capturing of prey without any mess.
However, this kit consists of three traps that are made of steel to ensure complete resistance against weather and rust. The kit has three marking flags so you can recognize traps speedily.
Following are some important features of the Cinch traps-medium gopher trap kit:
- This Cinch kit offers three different sizes of traps that include small (2.25”), medium (3.0”), and large (3.5”).
- Work against gophers, rats, mice, rodents, and moles.
- Its smart cinch trap system captures prey around the neck instantly.
- The manufacturing design of the gopher trap is grafted with galvanized steel.
- Offers complete resistance against rust and weather
- The weight of the trap is 2 pounds.
- The product dimensions are 14.5 x 5.13 x 7.38 inches.
- MGK-08 is an item model number.
- Target species are moles, rodents, and gophers.
- Show complete resistance against water and rust
- Durable material
- Flags help to search out traps
- The trap is not easy to set properly
4. Trap Top Live Animal Trap
If you’re looking for a great gopher traps. Then look nowhere. Because this trap top lives animal trap will work as a champion and will amaze you with effective results. This humane product will ideally work against chipmunks, rodents, rats, and mice.
Moreover, its durable wire mesh design with an auto-locked door works perfectly against gophers. However, this gopher bait trap works efficiently to capture gophers and rodents. But it does not kill them. So, if you’re waiting to get a humane device to get rid of gophers. Then, this one’s for you.
Here are some key features of trap top live animal trap:
- Made of aluminum that ensures durability and firmness.
- Offers complete resistance against rust and extreme weather conditions.
- Just requires a few minutes to set up.
- The cage has one door that immediately shuts down and leaves no option to escape.
- The trap is made of aluminum.
- Its product dimensions are 11 x 5.5 x 4.3 inches.
- The weight of the trap is 12.8 ounces
- Target species are chipmunk, hamster, mouse, and rat.
- Quite simple to use
- Works effectively against all small animals
- Offers rust-resistant surface
- Trigger design needs a little bit modifications
5. Victor The Black Box Gopher Trap 0625 – Reusable
Here’s another solution to your gopher problem. This Victor black best gopher box trap will be the best solution to eliminate gophers that are adding discomfort to your life. Its choker-loop style design functions effectively to put an end to gophers living within your boundaries.
Moreover, it’s quite easy to set up inside a tunnel and then leave everything upon its well-designed trigger system. This striped gopher trap will fight your battle against gophers.
Following are some significant characteristics of Victor The black box gopher trap:
- Provides fruitful results against gophers by using loop-style design.
- Easy to set up within gopher tunnel to target gophers directly
- Its spring triggered loop has enough potential to capture gopher easily
- Works adequately in all soil types even in sandy soils too.
- The product dimensions are 10.16 x 16.76 x 16.25 inches
- Available in multi-color
- The weight of the gopher trap is 0.3kg (10.6 ounces)
- Specifically designed to trap gophers.
- The product item number is 0625.
- Easy to set up within the tunnel
- Provide immediate results
- Works effectively
- Trigger needs improvement
6. Gonzo 100518702 Dead End Packaged Gopher Trap
If you’re searching for an easy way to trap gophers. Then, try this gopher trapping device. Because Gonzo provides an ultimate solution to your struggle against gophers. This dead-end packaged gopher trap has a cylindrical design with an effective trigger system.
Moreover, it will amaze you through productive results if you’re using this trap in the right way. So, just say goodbye to gophers by availing of this super effective gopher trap.
Here are some distinct features of Gonzo dead-end packaged gopher trap:
- Provides effective results against gophers
- The manufacturing design also contains stainless steel that provides durability
- Shows complete resistance against rust
- This gopher trap does not use any chemicals or gas.
- The product dimensions are 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- The weight of the gopher trap is 10.8 ounces.
- Item model number is 100518702.
- The target species is the gopher.
- Needs no time to set up the gopher trap
- Traps gophers within less time
- Durable and reliable
- The door is too small and easily filled up with dirt
7. Victor M260 Multi-Kill Electronic Trap
If you’re tired of trying multiple products against a gopher. Then, you should avail this multi kill electronic trap that assures 100% results within a single night. Because this device uses high voltage to kill gopher & mice and signal with a green light. Victor always offers high-quality products to ensure complete satisfaction to all buyers. So, if you want a device that provides excellent results and an effortless setup. Then, this one truly belongs to you.
Here are some remarkable features of a multi-kill electronic mouse trap:
- Use high voltage to kill mouse within seconds
- Have the ability to kill ten mice within one set
- Provides 100% kill rate due to presence of beveled mousetrap
- Alerts through a green light in case of any capture
- This mouse trap is available in black color.
- The product dimensions are 8.5 x 4 x 5 inches
- Its weight is 1.96 pounds.
- Made of plastic.
- Require 4’C’ BATTERIES.
- Kill 10 mice per setting.
- Kill 150 mice per set of batteries.
- No need to set up like other ordinary traps
- 100% killing rate
- Easy to dispose of due to collection drawer
- Its plastic lid is easily chewable by intellectual mice to escape
How to choose the best gopher trap?
Here are some specific factors that you need to know before buying a gopher trap. Just consider these factors in mind before buying to ease the selection process. Here they are:
1. Material of gopher trap
Before buying any trap always consider the quality of material as a priority. Aluminum and stainless steel traps are highly durable and provide complete resistance against water and rust.
Moreover, I always prefer a sturdy trap that has no access to gopher’s teeth. However, plastic traps are not durable and will stop functioning within a few months.
2. Effective trigger system
An effective trigger system will provide 100% results. However, avoid traps with loose triggers that will continue tripping without any prey within it.
3. Easy to set up
A trap with an easy setup method will require no extra effort from your side. There are many underground and cage-like traps available within the market. Both have easy setup methods to trap targets. It only depends upon your choice and the number of rodents and gophers you’re dealing with.
A trap should be free from chemicals or gases. Because your pets and kids may have access to these traps that could cause severe damage to their health. So, always prefer an eco-friendly product to trap gophers.
FAQs on Gopher Traps:
How do you fill gopher tunnels?
You just need moist soil to fill all gopher tunnels. But take the soil that is on the top of the flower bed. Just fill-up the tunnel with soil and then add topsoil to bring it equal to ground level.
What’s the good gopher trap?
A Kensizer small animal humane cage is our top pick that not only traps gophers. But it also traps all small animals that may include rats, mice, moles, chipmunks, voles, and hamsters within its high-quality patented cage design.
What is the most effective way to get rid of gophers?
The most effective way to get rid of gophers is to use gopher traps that could kill gophers within less time. After killing gophers through traps, you also need to be careful. Because gophers could again make their way towards your yard. So, use fences to avoid their entrance as a preventive measure.
What do gophers hate the most?
Gophers usually hate the smell of peppermint oil. You can use this trick to get rid of gophers by soaking cotton balls in oil. Then, put these cotton balls near tunnel openings.
What attracts gophers to your yard?
Gophers are herbivores and they prefer to get roots and tubers of your favorite plants. But, they can also eat the tops of the plants.
What gophers eat?
Gophers usually eat grubs, earthworms, and leaves of plants. They also feed on the roots and tubers of plants as their favorite food item.
Gophers could potentially damage your plants if they get access to your backyard or lawn. But the damage could exceed if they start damaging irrigation systems. Because gophers have incisors that could easily cut the pipeline. So, if you’re dealing with gophers then select a better solution to trap gophers. The above review about the best gopher traps will be helpful in every aspect. Now, you can narrow down your limit and can choose the best product to defeat gophers.